TEACHING SERIES: Understanding the Wonders of Thanksgiving - PT. 3C
Our God deserves our thanks. Thanksgiving is spiritual weapon to provoke the continuous flow of God’s victories in our lives.
- There is power in thanksgiving. It ensures the continuous flow of His blessings – Mal. 2:1-3. It also sustains and multiplies our blessings – John 6:6-13.
- Thanksgiving transforms insufficiency to surplus. Every thanksgiving enjoys surpluses. Stop looking at the situation and calculating on behalf of God, rather give Him thanks and you will see His intervention.
- When you thank Him, you provoke Him to do more.
Why we should thank God
- Both as individuals and as a commission, we owe Him thanks. Its an obligation for us – Luke17:17. 2, Mal. 2:2
- All good things come from God – James 1:17, John 15:5. Psalms 118:3
- He is the source of every increase in our lives – 1 Cor. 4:7, 2 Cor. 4:7.
- So as to enjoy continuous multiplication of our blessings. When thanks iving proceeds from your mouth, you commit God’s Hand for multiplication – Deut. 1:11, Jere. 30:19.
- It results in the fulfillment of prophecy – 1 Tim. 1:18.
When your thanksgiving is loaded, it graduates to praise, which in turn graduates to worship – 2Chron. 20:23.
When you praise Him, God takes over all your battles – Exo.15:3.
How to effectively give GOD thanks
- Overcome hopelessly. When the enemy wants to show you an end, turn it to a bend. Always hold to His Word, as this is superior to what the situation is – Rom. 4:21. Job 14:7, 14.
- Do not indulge in over-estimation or high mindedness. To give God thanks you must be child-like and greatly appreciative of everything – Psalm 131:2.
- Don’t be offended in things, particularly with respect to your expectations - Matt. 11:1-5, Nahum 1:7-9. Never attempt to be offended with Him, as you will have to place of succor. Instead of that, switch your heart to gratitude.
Your attitude of gratitude to God, determines your altitude in life.