Understand that God’s commandments are ordained for our profiting.
Fasting should not be occasional but a routine for every believer - Matt 6:7, 16.
A Biblical Approach to Profitable Fasting
Be Cautious of your Stomach!
2 Tim 3:16-17, Matthew 6:7, 16, Hebrew 12:16, Philippians 3:17-19.
Please understand that it is your prayers that gives value to your fasting. In prayer and fasting you are extolling God and drawing closer to Him – James 4:8
For profitable Prayer and Fasting, we should approach it in this manner:
- We must define our goals and objectives – Est. 4:15-17, Ezra 8:21-23, 2 Chr. 20:3-24, Luke 4:1-2, 14.
- We must check our motives – James 4:1-4
- We must prepare to engage our heart in prayer – Pro. 16:1/ Jer. 30:21/ Jer. 29:12-14/ Isaiah 58:1-4.
- We must come confessing and forsaking our sins – Isa. 59:1-2/ Psa. 66:18/ 1 John. 1:9-10.
- We must come reminding God of His Word, which is His will – John. 10:35/ 3 John.1:2/ Isa. 43:26/ 1 John. 5:14.
- We must engage in Kingdom-advancement prayers. This endears you to the heart of God – Mat. 6:6/17-18/ Mat. 6:33.
- We should also engage praying in the Spirit – Rom. 8:26/ 1Cor. 14:14-15.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
…. 2 Sam. 24:16….
- Our choice to serve God, commits Him to our rescue from the oppressions of the devil – Exo. 4:22-23/ Mat. 13:25-28.
- Serving God is not a gift, or a calling, but a choice – Josh. 24:15/ Mat. 6:24.
- Our covenant commitment to serve God in season and out of season, is gateway to our all-round rest – 2 Chr. 15:12-15/ 2 Tim. 4:2.
- To maximize the blessedness of our promised land this year as individuals, we have two simple commandments to keep:
- To love God with all of our heart, our soul, and our mind, which commits Him to keep all things working together for our good – Deut. 11:22-25/ Rom. 8:28.
- To serve God with all our heart, our soul, and might, which commits Him to terminate our dry season, giving us a new identity – Deut. 11:22-24/ Exo. 23:25-26/ Job. 36:11.
- With a genuine commitment to love God and serve Him with all our heart, we have committed Him to issue the decree of enough is enough to all concerns of our lives Matt. 11:28-29.
– Whatever is against you has been wiped away by the Blood of Jesus. Colossians 1:13, Colossians 2:13-15.
We are all required to speak to every item on your enough is enough list, saying, ‘enough is enough, because I have renewed my covenant commitment to keep loving God and serving Him, I can no longer be bound, I can no longer be oppressed, I can no longer be tormented’. Therefore, everyone should expect our turnaround testimony from every item on our list, in the name of Jesus Christ. – Isa. 43:26/ Job. 22:28.
Jesus is Lord!