- Grave connotes stagnation. It also means things that are beyond human power – John 5:25.
- Sanctification is not a gift, nor is it a calling. It is a choice and any one that desires it must accept a no – transferrable responsibility of working it out – Philippians 2:12.
- Once sanctified is not always sanctified!
PATHWAYS TO SANCTIFICATION
- Engage the name of Jesus in the battle against sin – 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, Luke 10:17.
- You must always run to the name when you are being tempted or confronted by sin – Proverbs 18:10.
- Sin comes from your thought or mind – Mark 7:21, 2 Corinthians 10:5.
- Flee from all traps of evil – 1 Thessalonians 5:22, 1 Timothy 6:10-12.
- Practice the covenant of giving to escape being a lover of money.
- It is your spiritual climate that overrides your physical, economic, or geographical climate.
- Keep a Godly company – 1 Corinthians 15:33, Proverbs 13:20.
- No matter how good you are evil company will corrupt you – Psalm 1:1-2, Proverbs 22:24-25.
- Identify your Abraham, and David so as to secure your destiny, and avoid people like Jonah who endangered people around him – Jonah 1:8.
- The cure to an ungodly association is a Godly association. Have a Godly authority figure in your life.
- The people/content you follow on social media can also influence you negatively.
BENEFITS OF SANCTIFICATION
- It engenders promotion – Promotion is a change of story/status for the better – Daniel 3:30, 6:3.
- It engenders divine health and wholeness – Mark 2:1-12. Sin is the root of sickness in the world – John 5:1-8.
- It secures access to the revelation that triggers supernatural breakthroughs – Psalm 25:14.
- The things you don’t do are the things that you don’t have access to the secrets that control them.
- It secures access to fresh oil that destroys yokes – Proverbs 1:23. Your anointing is your defense – Isaiah 59:19.
- It secures durable riches – Psalm 112:1-3, Proverbs 13:11.
THE COSTS OF UNGODLINESS
- It stirs shame and reproach – Proverbs 14:34, Judges 16:23-25.
- It stirs fear and dread – Proverbs 28:1, Genesis 3:9-10.
- The spirit of God is released on you when you are anointed – Romans 8:13, 1 Samuel 16:13.