PUTTING UP A FIGHT AGAINST THE FORCES OF UNGODLINESS – PART 4
Fight the good fight of faith against ungodliness – 1 Timothy 6:12. Eternal life is perpetually under contention, and to enjoy it you must fight to get it.
FORCES OF UNGODLINESS
- The spirit of deception – John 8:44, Revelations 12:9, Psalm 23:6.
- The purpose of this spirit is to take you out of a life of abundance into a life of struggles just like satan deceived Eve – Genesis 3:4-5, 18-19.
- Satan will always try to deceive you to do things contrary to what God has said (the truth) – 1 Corinthians 10:13.
- Don’t be deceived and don’t deceive others – 1 Corinthians 15:33. Cheating is a form of deceit, and there are serious consequences to cheating! – Joshua 9:22-23.
- The spirit of rebellion – Luke 22:3, this is the spirit that made Judas betray Jesus.
- Rebellion means refusals/disobedience against the instructions of authorities, and parents – Proverbs 22:10.
- Talking against leaders and authority is also rebellion.
Some consequences of rebellion:
- A rebel will experience dryness in every area of life – Psalm 68:6.
- A rebel will lose authority over everything, you can’t have authority when you refuse authority – Luke 7:8.
- A rebel will encounter untimely death in every area of life because God sees a rebellious person as a witch – 1 Samuel 15:23.
- Absalom rebelled against his father with 200 men – 2 Samuel 16:11-12. People who follow rebels are ignorant, joining them will make you die ignorantly.
- Another example is Korah and 250 men who rebelled against Moses – Numbers 16:1-3, 28, Ecclesiastes 10:20.
BIBLICAL STEPS TO OVERCOMING UNGODLINESS
- Maintain the thirst for righteousness – Matthew 5:6.
- Engage the sanctification ministry of the Holy Spirit through prayers – Jude 1:20.
- Be transparent.
- Repent in your heart and actions – 1 Samuel 3:13-18, Luke 4:3-12. Don’t judge God based on signs!