UNDERSTANDING PATHWAYS TO SANCTIFICATION – PART 4B
- Sanctification is a choice and it’s a choice of the wise. Deut. 30:19
PATHWAYS TO SANCTIFICATION
- Engage in self-purging – 2 Timothy 2:19-21, Hebrews 3:15.
- No one can be sanctified for you, you have to take responsibility so you don’t end up as a liability.
- Sin contaminates your life. Sanctification is not a destination, it is a life long journey of perfection.
- Living above sin is possibility! No one can help us better than God, that’s why it is wisdom to follow God so that His plan and purpose for your life can be delivered.
- Don’t compare yourself to others, except to God’s standards – Mark 10:19.
- Keep hearing the Word of God daily to enable you purge yourself.
- Be correctable in the hands of God – Isaiah 50:4-5, Psalm 50:22-23.
- The power of testimonies – 1 Samuel 12:3. Testimonies show us what is attainable and achievable in the kingdom – 2 Corinthians 7:2. If you can’t be trusted with money, God cannot trust you with anything.
- Mortify the deeds of the flesh by the spirit – Romans 8:13, Jeremiah 35:2-4.
BENEFITS OF SANCTIFICATION
- You secure supernatural rescue whenever you are under attack – 1 Peter 3:13.
- You enjoy supernatural supply – Psalm 33:18-19.
- Secures eternity with Christ – 1 Corinthians 15:9, 1 Timothy 6:7, Matthew 7:22-23.
COSTS OF UNGODLINESS
- It blocks access to God’s presence – Hebrews 12:14, John 10:10, Psalm 101:7.
- It blocks access to divine favour – Psalm 5:12.
- It engenders untimely death – Jeremiah 17:10-11.